Thursday, July 31, 2008

Developmental Vision Test

Today was Greyson's developmental vision test. Let me tell you how enlightening that was! He wasn't too sure of it at first and told the lady, and I quote, "Could somebody just kill me now!" She said quickly, "We don't won't that, then you couldn't go to camp." haha...I think it freaked her out. Once the testing started I was horrified at some of what was going on when he had to answer. It involved him reading numbers left to right that were about 5 inches apart in 2 separate columns. He had alot of trouble keeping up with which row he was on. Then he had to draw some shapes just as he saw them on the paper. He did that pretty well I think. Then....they gave more numbers, 2 columns far apart with sporadic numbers in the center and different spaces in between them. Kinda looked like a shotgun went off in the middle. He had to read left to right again, keeping his place, and then moving to the next row. Well....I have no idea where he started and/or finished but he did it like he knew perfectly well where he was. I know my mouth hung wide open the whole time, confused and bewildered come to mind. Last he had to identify all the letters and numbers on a sheet that were written backwards. He circled about 6, one of which was not backwards, and left about 20 more that were not circled. I am no vision therapist or rocket scientist but it did not seem good to me. So...here we are...patiently awaiting the outcome and what to do next to assist Greyson with his vision needs. Whew....take a deep breath....at least that is what I tell "beatle bug" when he is freaked out. Gotta go to MATI for martial arts...He is building confidence with that and swimming so it is one of our most important things now. Watch for him to be a CEO, doctor, lawyer, or computer wiz somewhere one day! :) Good night friends & family...we love you all and thank you for your support, love, etc...

No comments: