Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sunday "hair nets" & Monday "healthy choices"...

Well...Sunday we took Greyson to Monkey Joe's to let off some excess energy. You can never do enough of that. :) Anyway...he had a great time all by himself and did what he normally does when he is solo...he chases girls the whole time he is there. He finds a girl that he thinks he wants to play with and chases them around. He never goes up to introduce himself and he normally will not let us do it...so...the chase goes on. Its fun for him but he never finds out any ones name and they just chase each other the whole time with no communication taking place. We try to help but he just gets embarrassed and runs away so now we just let him have a fun time on his own. We left and went to dinner and that is where the fun started. You see....Greyson tends to take in everything even when it is the first time he goes somewhere or whatever. You think he hasn't because he gives no clues that he is taking in everything until he feels the need to disclose what he learned. That being said...Michele decided that she wanted cafeteria food from K&W. Yes...she is old, way old, before her time! anyway...Greyson hears this and starts screaming...I hate that place....I am NOT going there! and on and on....He was really freaking out and yelling and Michele and I both were very irritated. We finally said he needed to tell us why we couldn't go there and why he hated it so much. He said, and I quote, "I am not going to that place and stand in that long food line with all those people and their hair nets! I hate hair nets alot! Hair nets...nothing but hair nets and old people there! and,,,it has alot of seats, millions of seats there! I am not going I tell you!" I thought I was going to pee my pants. We both thought he probably would not have a very good reason for hating it when in reality he hit that place right on the money! I could have died...who would have thought he had paid that close attention when we were there. We've only been one time! What the heck is that all about? Hair nets....I hate all those hair nets and smelly old people! haha Lord he is a piece of work. Monday he had school and all was well. I picked him up and he gets in the car telling me..."No more juice at school mommy Lynn....I need to drink water. It is a healthier choice!" I was like... what? Are you serious? OK then...healthy choice it is. We head home and he proceeds to tell me that Mr. Robert his PE teacher explained about choosing healthy foods and drinks. He got home and said he was going to work on being a kung fu master. he started immediately doing tons of push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, touching his toes, and running through the house getting his exercise. He was breathing heavy...on purpose so I had to make him stop before he hyperventilated himself. When Shel got home he was still going strong giving us both lectures on healthy choices and our big bellies. haha....He said we should join him in his exercise regimen. It was a hoot. You kinda had to be there though....Funny thing about Greyson. You never know when that something you have said or done is going to spark some kind of reaction in him like that. He can go on for days, weeks, and months hearing or seeing something when all of the sudden he gets it and he is in high gear with it. He never ceases to amaze either of us. What a guy....we love you Greyson Griffin-Roberts. You are truly one of a kind and quite the eccentric fellow. the world is lucky to have you in it and we are even luckier to share each and every day with you. Here's to you big man! Kungfu master to be! Good night all....and stay away form the K&W...hair nets! lots & lots of hair nets!

No comments: