Monday, December 15, 2008

Ginger Bread Baker...Singer, Thespian, Musician, & Race Car Driver

Well...I spent the weekend with wild man and momom worked alot. On Saturday he even baked gingerbread and it turned out pretty darn good. I am not a big fan of gingerbread but his was wonderful if I do say so myself. :) Sunday...he played on the computer which he loves and he and I also played some other games. We did not do alot. Mostly lazy I guess. He has been really sweet lately and Saturday we had gone to Monkey Joe's to meet his friend from Countryside, "brutha from another mutha", Campbell. They played for almost 2 1/2 hours jumping and running all around. Greyson found some money on one of the slides and gave it to the manager. I think she was shocked. she asked his name and gave him a little toy as a reward. She also said she would give him the money if none claimed it later. He took it to her without me even knowing what was really going on so I was proud of him. He is turning out to be quite a great guy. he always was a great guy but here lately he has been extremely in tune to the needs of others for some reason. He is very sweet although he can have moments of crazy. Don't they all. We love him dearly as you are well aware. Do I make you all sick with that. If so....too bad. haha...Today he went back to school for the last week to end out the first half of the year. It is going by very fast so I need to figure out who might be a good fit for him next year. He would probably be leaving Ms Suzy's class...as long as his academics continue coming along as they have so far. We went today and got him a library card so I can take him to the public library sometimes. We are trying to ramp up his reading some. It's a slow process but he is responding better this year and has improved greatly already. He was proud to get his library card too. You would have thought he had gotten his first drivers license. What a grin! After that we stopped in and saw Stephanie, Blake and Ms Cathy. He loves Blake and likes to help with him. He is playing big brother already and has taken to telling me he needs a little brother or sister. How do I explain that #1...I am older than dirt and cannot do that at my age....We know because we tried....and #2...I think he is plenty for Michele and I to try to handle. At times he is like having more than one worth all of the extra fun he brings to the table. Like those moments of him in the bathroom scared yelling...I need to hear you mommy Lynn....I love you....I love you...I love you...I love you...Well it's kinda like that with about 20 more I love you's!!!!! or the moments when I cannot get him prised off of my leg because he saw a small spider...or a Mr Meaty commercial...(he hates puppets) or shall I say...is scared to death of them....and clowns...let's not forget clowns! We found that out during the parade in Davidson at Christmas. He hid from them until they had passed whispering to us the whole time....are they gone?...don't let them come over here...are they gone yet? There are times I am almost peeling him off my leg. But...most of the time...he entertains us with his beautiful voice by singing...others it is his reciting lines from all the movies he has seen and changing his voice to match each character. He is unbelievable, wonderful, multi talented, and quite the fellow. I have to go now and read to Mr man.....he is awaiting my reading with him. we are going to read his first library book....The Missing Piece by Silverstein. Good night friends...and remember..."You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout I'm telling you why....Santa Claus is coming to town! HOHoHoooooo! 10 more days till' Christmas! :0

No comments: