Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday....end of the week and finally sunny again!

Today Greyson headed off to school and I scrambled to figure out what we could do to fix momom's phone situation. She accidentally dropped her cell phone in the torrential rains yesterday causing her phone to check out early. I called At&T and got some information. Thank goodness I was able to use my old phone and put her sim card in it so that it would work under her number. Yeah....one problem solved. Now on to the next...Greyson was getting out of school early so I wanted to get some shopping done for the families the school is adopting for the Christmas holiday. I ran by REMAX Classic to drop off something and then headed to Target. I got lots of goodies...some for Greyson but most for the Christmas families. I ran a few more errands, dropped off the loot at home and then headed back to pick up Greyson at school. He was getting out at 1pm for early dismissal so I went to eat lunch with him and then took him with me. I took him shopping for his angel tree boy he picked and then we came home. He had a good day but was really upset when his art teacher told me about an incident at lunch where he and another boy decided to throw some food. I told him not to do ever again and that was the end of it. He got really upset and cried because he knew he had done wrong. I told him it was over with and that I was not angry but he could not behave that way ever again. I explained that people had to clean that up and if he did it again it would be him. He was with his buddy who he is great friends with but they are not very good influences on one another. If there is trouble to be had they will find it. They do not reinforce each other in positive ways unfortunately. He has a really hard time making proper choices when he is with this guy. Michele and I try to remind him and reinforce to him that he needs to stay away from him if he cannot behave when he is around him. He has to remember to make good choices in life and in friends. It's a hard lesson especially when he struggles to have friends and strives to have people like him. He is doing alot better on that front though at his new school. It definitely is a much better environment and the way the handle the kids teaches them to respect one another and each others differences. They learn how to accept people for who they are as individuals. It's great and his teacher is sooo wonderful. I probably make you all sick saying that all the time, but for those who know where we have been as opposed to where we are now, it's understandable that I am almost giddy. Greyson still has his moments since he does have some challenges, but he is in such a better frame of mind now. It is truly unbelievable and so much a blessing. Community Charter School is a wonderful place and Ms Suzy, Ms Cymantha, Ms Susan, Ms Sloan, Ms Eileen, and the OT have my blessings. There are not enough words, thanks, praise, etc....to express to them how much we all appreciate their efforts. well...today is going well. Greyson and I talked about Christmas and how important it is to help others who are not as fortunate during the holidays and all year round. I want thim to grow up and be willing to give back to others. Those are the gifts the definitely keep on giving. Merry Christmas friends and family. We love you all. Good night and sweet dreams. Remember take the time to share your love with the people around you. You never know when just a smile or a kind word may change someone's whole day. So.... :) (that's me smiling at all of you)

No comments: