Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pluggin' along awaiting our trip to the Beach!

We have been having a great time here lately. To catch you up we had a great weekend. Friday we hung out here at the house and Greyson had his buddy Umberto over for a sleepover. His first one ever. he still isn't quite ready as he ended up in bed with Michele and I, but hopefully as time goes on he will be ready to take the BIG step. I have been working on helping him stay some in his bed. he stills heads into our room around 1 or 2am usually. I have to get him to bed early so he can watch some of his shows or he ends up in our room so he can watch the higher channels. Attachment parenting and he is still quite attached. It's fine and he will figure it out sooner or later.
Saturday we hung out with Michele's brother and his family. They came over and we cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, had some salad, fruit and other goodies. Then they all ate birthday cake later. I say it like this because I am the lucky winner of a new diet. A 1500 calorie, low or NO sugar diet that had me eating a chicken breast...some salad...and none of the rest of their goodies. Oh well...my health will be the better for it and so will I. I am also checking my glucose levels when I wake up and 2hrs. after eating everyday. Last but not least I am walking and/or running 45 minutes 5 days a week. All for the good...and I am hoping maybe to shed around 30 to 35lbs. if possible. So...that said....I was on the special dietary restriction plan Saturday. Now...back to the important stuff. Michele and her brother finished building the ladder ball game and they all played in the yard. Greyson played for a while but like with all things he hasn't perfected...he got very frustrated and had several meltdowns/tantrums. I still catch myself felling defensive when he is like this and worrying that people are thinking he is spoiled and being a brat. It's frustrating and I really need to try to learn not to care. I am doing better but still tend to worry about people judging him. I finally realized he was at overload and reaching the point of no return fast so I removed him from the situation, bathed him, and put him to bed. Or...shall I say went with him to bed. Unfortunately the back door from outside is in our bedroom but thank goodness their was no constant in and out. Michele and her brother's family came in and stayed. They played cards and drank while he and I headed off to sleepy time. It did not take him long to fall out. He was so overly tired and had too much going on that he really had needed to go to bed an hour prior to when he did. He cannot function well at all when he reaches that point. He is totally like a 2 year old once he overloads and cannot rationalize anything. We dealt with it though and he was fine once asleep. he fought it for a while though. Sunday we actually had some of the day to ourselves which I was excited about and then around 12:30 we had to go over to a friends for a cookout to meet her sister and nephew. We had fun and took ladder ball with us. Around 4 or 5 we headed home again. It was a great weekend but I haven't seen enough of Michele lately. She works all the time. her brother being here is supposed to help that but I have a feeling they will be working all the time for sure now. Coming home late constantly and working weekends. Wonder what it's gonna take to lure her home for family time? ...we shall see. She more than likely is glad to stay away since between Greyson and myself our house can be quite complicated at times. Oh well...we will do what we have to. :) Other than those few moments Greyson has done pretty well lately. Yesterday was spent running some errands to get ready for the beach. We leave on Saturday and will meet mom in Wadesboro to head on down to Topsail Island. yay! My sister is coming too...hooray! today we are meeting Kathy & Cameron for spray ground fun and then Chuckie cheese...Oh what fun. We love hanging out at the spray grounds...and I love for Greyson to play as much as he can outside! He would stay in almost 24/7 if we allowed that. Have a great day guys. Hugs to our friends & extended family that keep up with us here. Will update soon...

No comments: