Saturday, July 11, 2009

Marley & Me...oops!

Yesterday Greyson and I went to the grocery store as to get goodies to cook for momom. Yay! We cooked a great dinner for her and while there I let him pick a movie. Well...he wanted Marley & Me and I had been warned of it being sad. Therefore...I told him this is going to be sad at the end are you sure you want this one? He said yes...and off we went with it. I was nervous but figured the warning I had given may soften the blow. Well let me tell you...NOT SO MUCH! By the end, which I am sure most of you have seen it, Marley the dog is sick and dying. They have to take him to the vet for the "last visit" if you will. I am balling and trying not to howl out loud...because I did not want to make Greyson's sadness worse. Next thing I know Greyson plops down on top of me, laying down, and is sobbing uncontrollably. He must have cried for what seemed to be 10 minutes. Michele is freaked out because both of us are upset and crying. She can't stand that by the way. She is in great control of her emotions unlike myself who will ball at the drop of a hat. She just basically ran into the bedroom from us to get away I think. (or maybe shed a tear of her own in private?) She'll never tell! Anyway...poor Greyson! Silly mommy for thinking that it would be OK with a warning. Good lord! Greyson finally quit crying and fell off to sleep. Whew...crisis over. He is so very sensitive although some who him not so well may beg to differ...WTH was I thinking? OK...maybe I just had a moment...it's all good. Well just wanted to share our fun. Today we are figuring out what we shall do while momom works. Could be interesting...For now...it's lunch and then some fun..somewhere. Yay for a beautiful Carolina day! :)

No comments: