Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School (3rd Grade)

I am so proud of Greyson lately. He seems to be turning into such a big boy. I am such the "he will always be my baby" type mom. Oh well...get over it mom! He is almost 9! Anyway...we had a great night of turning in early to bed, woke up happy, and it was off to school. he was leading the way and hurrying me for a change! hahahahaaaa he was so excited to have his new teacher, Ms. Alex, and to be a 3rd grader. He made sure Michele and I both knew adamantly that he is in 3rd grade now. I so feel his excitement and yet part of me worries a little too. I want him to always succeed and to have lots of friends. I want him to understand the world and the things that surround him, knowing at times that is too much to ask of anyone. Yet I want it all for him and then some. Yes, he does have some challenges but he has no trouble overcoming them. It happens in his own time, but he does it almost always. It may take him a little longer than most with some things...but he does it proudly once he realizes he is ready. He will be fine. He had the most wonderful teacher last year as I have said before and he has been awarded another wonderful teacher this year. His growth in all areas never ceases to amaze me. At times I may think it isn't happening fast enough and that's usually when he breaks through. What a guy he is. Lately he has been more aggressive than normal we think due to the break in here at our home. Hopefully in his own time he can overcome that frustration too. I myself am struggling a little with it so I know he must feel angry. Lord...his Pokemon cards were stolen! How bad can it get people! Seriously...he is obsessed and that was a major part of his world. I would choke those rotten kids out if I could get my hands on them...but I digress. :) Not to mention that isn't quite the example I want to set for G man...but...a girl can at least fantasize huh? Don't make me break out the tazer gun fantasy again or the gift basket full of Vaseline sent to their home...they'll be needing that sooner than later I am sure. OK...anyway...happy thoughts...happy thoughts....
Greyson is currently at school while I write. His best pal, Umberto, by his side and another great teacher at the helm...Here's to a year full of fun, laughter, love, learning, growth and happiness. Here's to Greyson becoming a fine young boy who is loved more than I could ever say. You go G man!

On a side note: Thank you to all of our friends who provided Pokemon cards to Greyson's "new collection". I think he has far surpassed his old collection...,numbers wise, and has gotten back most of the same ones he lost. You put a smile on his sad sad face. I have the task of now finding the trading card sleeves...Damn you coupon ladies! They swoop into the office supply and buy them all as soon as they are stocked. I am on a mission this week to beat them to the sleeves! I have faith! I will trip on of those coupon women if necessary to get what he needs (Don't make me go all Bon Qui Qui on you!-check in youtube if you don't know who this is...Sucuritah!)

OK...I won't...but dang...work with me...This is a crisis! Good day all....love & hugs and PEACE to all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Umberto and Greyson make a great team:) They're going to have an awesome year getting to be the big kids in their room:) Plus they have a great teacher too!

We got sleeves at the evil empire Walmart not that long ago.

We gotta do coffee soon!