Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday night and the weekend is approaching quickly

Well...swimming did not happen today. Greyson was having a day of I don't want to...poor me.  He must be sensing that school is nearing fast.  School is not his comfort zone, nor is it his cup of tea.  Don't get me wrong, he is smart but he does not like all the craziness that school brings.  it is truly a nightmare for Aspergers/Autistic kids.  Just too much "stuff" going on.  I watched him walk in circles alot in his class last year.  It seemed like after Christmas before he started to settle down some.  He walks and walks...round and round. Usually ending up on the sofa if the class has one. We shall see this year.  Tomorrow he will head over to the school with me for kindergarten orientation.  I am sure he would rather run off somewhere but he will manage.  DS and toys in hand.  He may get lucky enough to go with Ms Jen to Imaginon while I finish out my last day before school officially starts.  I so wanted to take him swimming today so I will try again tomorrow once I am done at 12.  That gives us plenty of time to play together if I can twist his arm.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I love to swim and he does too.  it offers a sense of peace for him I have noticed.  If that boy could breath under water he would stay forever...so peaceful and quiet.  All the things he loves.  Funny though, he is loud like me. You would never know he can't stand loud noises, especially sudden ones.  The loud boy who couldn't stand noise...hahahaaaaa that's it though.  Loud and noise can be totally different I guess.  We got him a great pair of ear muffs like shooters where so that helps in places like the movies, swim meets, & concerts...anywhere that might be loud.  (Not that we frequent such places but hey...better safe than sorry) Well...Greyson just ran in here in a panic.  He cannot sleep without both of us on either side. He yelled at me and said, "Get in here! I need you! Momom is falling asleep and your not in here yet!" Lord...one day Michele and I will enjoy our bed together again...for now, it's attachment parenting at its best! I hear Presby can surgically remove just about anything....How about a 9 year old boy form my hip? Hugs to all...goodnight

No comments: