Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of 4th Grade

Well, Greyson had his first day of 4th grade today.  It seemed to go over without a hitch.  I think he likes his new teacher and his class.  It is always interesting to see how things are going to go for him at school, especially in a new class.  He was really paying close attention when I went to check on him.  His teacher said he had been fine all day.  Wow!  I was elated. I was there from 8-12ish and he didn't once run down for me.  I will keep my fingers crossed that things run smoothly for him in there all year. That would be great since he will have his teacher until he graduates from Community charter.  He will be in there for his 4th & 5th grade years.  Then it is off to a new adventure.  I asked him how his day went and he said,"Good."  That's Greyson, never lets much out of the bag.  We rode home after that in silence while he read his comic book.  i am fine with that to some degree.  I would love to know more about his day, but once I see he is not distraught about things I am good.  If he is at peace, then so am I.  I let him have his 30 minutes of silence and I reflected on my day.  I felt a little numb.  We have 27 children in our class of kindergarten & first graders.  That makes for a most interesting day.  Chatty ones, crying ones, some with little tiny attitudes,  cute ones, smiley ones, and a few that duck tape couldn't fix but that's life huh?  I myself left not knowing if I was coming, going or fixing to pass out.  The newness not only overwhelms them, but Ms Lynn too!  Whew...we shall how the week pans out for me and for Greyson.  I may be the one walking in circles and laying on the couch before it is over with.  As for now, things are great for my man and that makes Michele and I extremely happy. I will roll with it. You go Greyson.  We love you tons.

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

gonna be a great year! gonna be a great year!!!

(read in a sing songy voice)