Friday, January 22, 2010

Cat's "kiss"

Last night while Greyson sat in the recliner, the cat, Alex decided to jump onto the head rest and hang out. Alex was facing the back of the chair when suddenly Greyson screamed, "GROSS! Get this cat! His part in the back that looks like a kiss is touching my head!!!!" hahahahaaaaaa I could have died. I laughed and laughed. So...with that being said, I haven't any other great stories just yet. Greyson continues to plug along at school. He has some days much better than others but is moving forward. Last Friday was a great day because the Meck County Autism Society came to the school to speak with and give some training to the teachers and staff. I received alot of positive feedback from the people I have spoken too so I am glad it was helpful. It's always nice to have the people that are seen to be more knowledgeable about the subject come in and verify the things you try to explain to people. You're never sure as a parent if they are thinking you are just making excuses for your child. But I do think the training was very helpful and informative to our staff so that's great. The volunteers at the Meck County Autism Society will even do a one on one in the classroom to offer tips and or strategies to the teachers dealing with children affected by Autism. That is all such great news for families and their children that are affected by this. This week has been good and Greyson even had a great night at karate. He is missing his red stripe belt test tonight because he was getting close to burning out on karate class. We cut back for a while which put him slightly behind but he is doing well again. He will be testing in April for red stripe and then has a 6 month wait to prepare for his black belt test. He stands to be a black belt, if all goes well, by October of 2010. What a huge accomplishment for him. I hope he will be able to stay focused and hang in there. It could mean the world for his confidence, focus, and self discipline. Go Greyson Go! Well enough for now. I am trying to get back into the swing of posting more often. I have been rather slack and there are always many family stories to tell soooooooo.....until next time...hugs!

1 comment:

LifeIsArt said...

That story is hilarious. I will never look at that part of the cat the same again.

And as it turns out, I knew that lady from the Autism Society! I subbed in the class that her son was in when he was three! He went to Open Door for a couple of years!

Wild.