Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mommy is struggling

Well here it is October and I can't seem to keep up with my postings on here.  I like keeping updates of how things are going etc...and I find the days turning into weeks, months and so on.  Where does the time go?  Right now things seem to be going well for Greyson.  At school he is doing well, at home, OT, play therapy, everywhere really.  I find myself worrying though.  He has been taking karate for approximatley 2years and he has finally reached the big one.  He tests for his black belt on October 23rd.  he has been working very hard for the past 2 years and now it is down to the wire.  He is burnt out on karate and wants to quit.  We will allow that but first he must try for his black belt.  He has come to far to throw in the towel now.  Karate has been a blessing for his self esteem, focus, self control amoung other things.  He has accomplished so much and I want to see him succeed.  I worry though because I know his overall coordination isn't the best.  This test will be tough.  He has spent 2 hours every Sunday for the past 5 Sundays preparing for it.  This coming Sunday will be his pre-test.  If he can't pass that he will not be allowed to go to the big test. His instructor has given him compliments saying he had worred the most about him and has been very proud of him.  He said he has done the best at learning and remembering all of his 10 formal techniques.  It makes me proud but I do not want him to fail.  I worry about it and think about it.  It makes me want to cry.  I know he can do it.  Either way we will love and support him but I so want to see him cross this next hurdle.  I am going to cry either way, belt or not.  He has accomplished a great deal and has come so far.  I couldn't be prouder of him if I tried.  We truly have been blessed to have him in our lives and I cherish the moments we have.  I love you Greyson.  You are a black belt in my eyes already sweet boy!

No comments: