Saturday, March 27, 2010

Catch up blog...

Here I am again trying to play catch up on Greyson's blog thanks to my slackness. Things have been going pretty good. For one he recently was promoted to red stripe belt in his karate class. He takes Shorinji Kempo Karate form MATI on Beatties Ford Rd. in Huntersville and has been doing Karate for almost 2 years now. That is the last belt step before black belt. Now he waits 6 months and is a red stripe belt while he prepares for his black belt test. We are so very proud of him.
In other areas of life he has been having a little more frustration which at times can escalate if we are not careful. If his frustration gets to be at a very high level he has started to scream,hit and/or kick. But only when it has reached "def con 5". Isn't that the term? Anyway, we are working on this and making sure he knows that is not acceptable. Most times that is easier said than done. Greyson has been doing pretty well at school and OT. He has enjoyed some play dates with his pal Zoe. She amazes me because she is like the girl version of him. So....they really have a blast together. She came over Friday after school and played. They had a great time. I've been trying a little harder to get him outside since the weather has been cooperating more. Spring is here so hopefully I can get him out and about. It's hard because he prefers the comfort of his home, the TV and video games. We want him to get out and play more so we force the issue when we can. Some days I am just lazy I'll be the first to admit it and I allow him to stay inside while I paint or just relax myself. I do need to do better this summer making sure he gets out though. Overall he is doing pretty well. He still continues to keep things to himself when things bother or upset him making it hard to figure out sometimes what is going on. He will get quiet or stop talking because he is really upset and then we are left to guessing what the problem is. His teachers struggle as well I am sure. Especially when the least little thing can rock his world. To us it may seem trivial, to him it is the end of the world. He spent the large part of a day once mouthing everything he wanted to say to me but not making a sound which makes it nearly impossible to communicate with him a that moment. I spend most of the time when that happens going, "what honey? I can't understand. You need to talk so I can understand you." I get some of it so I guess its enough for him not to care. He usually snaps out of it at some point if he can't get his point across effectively enough. Today we hope to go to the park in Concord to enjoy his friends birthday party. We'll see how it goes. Sometimes it's too much for him, other days he handles things fine. Depending on how many people are there and what is going on. We shall see. For now we will watch some movies and snuggle up on the sofa. Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments: